It Grut Frysk Diktee
Gnyskje, nútsjesmoar, twirrewyn, skroarjûn, noaskje and krûpelhintsje. Just a few words that may appear in the Grut Frysk Diktee (Great Frisian Dictation). In cooperation with Omrop Fryslân, Afûk, it Taalsintrum Frysk (Cedin) and the Provinsje Fryslân, the Fryske Akademy organises It Grut Frysk Diktee in the Statenzaal (States Chamber) of the Provinsjehûs every year. The text is written by a well-known Frisian, and the event is presented and broadcast by Omrop Fryslân.
Anyone who would like to participate in It Grut Frysk Diktee must qualify. In the months leading up to the event, there will be a qualifying dictation on the website of It Grut Frysk Diktee that anyone can make. The best twenty participants will secure a place in the States Chamber. Besides the twenty candidates who qualify, five teams will also compete. These are teams with well-known Frisians, people from a certain profession or students from a specific study programme. The winner will go home with the 'Gouden Dakje' ('Golden Circumflex').
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2023, written by Iris Kroes
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2022, written by Habtamu de Hoop
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2018, special open-air edition at the Oldehoofsterkerkhof on the occasion of Leeuwarden 2018: Capital of Culture, written by Welmoed Sijtsma
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2016, written by Sietse de Vries
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2015, written by Ferdinand de Jong
- It Grut Frysk Diktee 2014, written by Karen Bies
- Previous editions (wikipedia)
For the news about and the broadcasts of It Grut Frysk Diktee, also look at the website of Omrop Fryslân.
It Lyts Frysk Diktee
Who can write Frisian best of all primary school children in Friesland? For children, the Fryske Akademy, Afûk, it Taalsintrum Frysk (Cedin) and the Provinsje Fryslân organise It Lyts Frysk Diktee in the spring. The qualification for this takes place at the schools. In the last edition, 50 students from 30 different schools participated. The final is, as with It Grut Frysk Diktee, in the Statenzaal of the Provinsjehûs.
In 2023, children's book author Tialda Hogeveen made the text of It Lyts Frysk Diktee, in 2022, the text was written by (children's book) translator Martsje de Jong.