The Fryske Rie foar Heraldyk has existed since 1956, the council was first part of the Genealogysk Wurkferbân, but soon became an independent body. The council consists of seven members, also called heralds. Each has been given a title from a part of Friesland. The heralds are appointed. Due to the death of member/herald Harke Bremer earlier this year, the council is now seeking a new member.
The council is looking for someone who:
- has an interest in heraldry
- - if possible - already has basic knowledge of heraldry
- If possible wants to become a drawer
Tasks of the members of the Rie foar Heraldyk:
- making municipal and village coats of arms
- Creating family coats of arms
- advise authorities on a broad level
- check if existing coats of arms meet heraldic conditions
- supplementing the database with still unknown coats of arms
- design and advice flags for municipalities and private persons
- inclusion of coats of arms and flags in the Genealogysk Jierboek
The Council offers:
- support so that the new member gets more experience
More information about the Rie foar Heraldyk can be found here (only available in Frisian and Dutch).
Interest & reactions
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Rie foar Heraldyk, please contact the secretary-archivist Klaas J. Bekkema by e-mail or by mail: Schoolstraat 16, 9201 GE Drachten, the Netherlands.